It is a therapy that although, today, can use modern technology to achieve goals. It is based on natural treatments.
Physical therapy helps to solve problems caused by injuries or disabilities. This therapy is based on the movement which is the best way to achieve healing. For example, before a sprained ankle, the physiotherapist will opt for strengthening the damaged area, through appropriate exercises, instead of using the cast.
Physical Therapy Washington dc can treat you by manual therapy, spine rehabilitation and specialized fitness programs.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
Physical therapy focuses on relieving pain, stabilizing the injury and preventing its deterioration. After the attention on movement recovery and strength is centered in the ultimate goal of achieving recovery.
Among the benefits of physiotherapy for the health and functioning of our body, we include:
- Relieves pain
- Improves muscle strength and mobility
- greater flexibility is achieved.
- Prevents and controls physical deterioration.
- Improve the basic functions of the body.
- One of the greatest benefits of physiotherapy is achieved in the treatment of tendonitis. ligament or meniscus of the knee, fibrillary breaks and sprains of the ankle.
- It helps us to achieve a greater sense of well-being.
- It helps to keep the joints in good condition.
- Injury prevention when playing sports regularly.
- It can help a better recovery after major surgery.
The benefits of physiotherapy can be exploited to address the problems associated with different systems such as:
- Musculoskeletal system: Bones, joints and soft tissues.
- Neuromuscular: brain and nervous system.
- Cardiovascular: heart and circulation.
- Respiratory: trachea, larynx and lungs.
Physical therapy is also very appropriate with everything related to pediatric care, pregnancy and postpartum. In this area, the benefits of physical therapy for pelvic floor exercises is becoming more popular because of its simplicity and the incalculable improvements that many women enjoy.
TECHNIQUES USED IN PHYSIOTHERAPY
There are several techniques that therapists can use to improve the health of patients, some of these techniques are:
- Manual therapy techniques: using massage techniques and muscle pain relieve stiffness, stimulating blood flow to the injured area.
- Water Treatment: The use of hydrotherapy is very common to solve certain types of injuries.
- Taping, bandages and splints.
- Exercise prescription: stretching, strengthening, balance.
- breathing techniques.
- Postural rehabilitation.
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
Physiotherapy was started, in parallel, between Britain and the United States in response to a very high number of casualties after the Second World War that had been treated urgently and needed further follow-up.
Many of them forced to use a bad prosthesis, had to learn to walk again, and that correctly caused the wrong positions and therefore, pains should be addressed.