Baldness can affect both men and women, in both of them the pattern of baldness is different. Both have to deal with it in some specific way. The pattern baldness is related to male hormones DHT present which leads to thinning, a receding hairline, and finally a deserted scalp.
Male Pattern Baldness
Male pattern baldness, also called androgenic alopecia, is the most common type of baldness in men. It is linked to male sex hormones and genes. It follows the pattern of a recession and thinning at the crown of your head. Eventually, the two balding areas meet to form a typical U-shape around the back and sides of the head. The remaining hair is often finer and does not grow as fast as it used to.
- Some men have areas on the scalp that are very sensitive to the male sex hormones that circulate in men’s blood. Eventually, the process continues and no growth is possible.
- The growth cycle of each strand begins to weak.
- Follicles shrink and produce less.
- You can also have this problem because of illness or surgical procedures, stressful circumstances, changes in hormone levels and scalp infections.
Typical male pattern baldness is usually diagnosed based on the appearance and pattern of the hair loss. The doctor examines the skin condition and reviews the patient’s medical history. Some specific blood tests may be required to diagnose disorders responsible for baldness.
Female Pattern Baldness
Generally, female pattern baldness is usually diagnosed based on the pattern of strands loss in females. The process is gradual and unknown to you at first. The ordeal starts with recession at the frontline. Then slowly it moves towards the crown area and bald patches begun to form. Your fallen strands in the brush starts multiplying. You may see more of their scalp than normal when they are pulled back. The follicles shrink and number of strands per follicle is also low.
The doctor examines the patient’s medical history. The case of changes in menstrual cycle is reviewed and some specific blood tests may be required, in order to diagnose factors responsible. Who is affected?
- It mainly happens to women aging between 50 and 60.
- It can also happen in the teens. But less possibility.
There are various treatments available according the severity if the problem. Only go for it if you desire to get better appearance in the long run. Have a look
- Home remedies – it is possible for you to while staying at home. Here, you go for natural remedies with homemade solutions. Such as vinegar conditioning, egg n oil treatments. Oil massage etc.
- Medical suggestions- visit a reputable dermatologist to have checkup for your scalp issues. The doctor will diagnose if there is really any skin infection present.
Treatment by Medicine for Male Pattern Baldness
If you have decided to try regain your fuller scalp, one solution is the cure by medicine, it can be oral medicine or some supplement to be applied on the scalp. The FDA approved medicine for male pattern baldness Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar), it is the oral medication.
A pill that stimulates with the production of a highly active form of testosterone that is related to baldness. It slows the falling process, however, its returns when you stop using this medicine.
Medicines to treat Female Pattern Baldness
- Minoxidil can be found in Rogaine for women and can be applied.
- This may treat baldness in young women.
- This has to be used daily as stopping this rises the problem again.
- Get proper prescription from your doctor.
Treatment by Hair Transplant
The most prominent and a long run solution to this problem is hair transplant in Dubai. In this procedure, the grafts are extracted from the healthy area of the scalp, also called donor area, and transplanted into the bald or affected area, also called recipient site. The solution is expensive but have lasting outcomes. This FUE is generally pursued for male pattern baldness.
Follicular unit extraction removes specific follicular units from the patient’s donor site, and replant them to the bald scalp. Grafts can be extracted from any part of the body. It doesn’t involve striping the patches of skin.
- Local Anesthesia is given to the affected area.
- The grafts are extracted from the back and side of the scalp.
- The follicles are extracted.
- Recipient area is prepared by creating needle incisions.
- Finally, grafts insertion is done at the incisions on recipient area.
It is the most effective and permanent solution to date and this procedure is beneficial for both male and female pattern baldness. People are getting benefits from hair transplant in Dubai and are much satisfied. The procedure is simple, it uses your existing healthy graft and implant to the affected area. The new growth is natural, without any artificial looks. For FREE consultations regarding this procedure ask Best hair transplant clinic Dubai also get many exciting discount offers.